Experiencing an Emergency?
If your pet has an emergency during our business hours, please bring him/her right in and call ahead to let us know you’re on your way. Our facility and staff are fully trained to handle emergency and critical care situations for your pets.
If you find that you need emergency assistance after hours, please contact Austin Vet Care at Central Park or Heart of Texas Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Center. For your convenience, we have provided the contact and website information for their location here.
During Business Hours
Hours of Operation
Reasons to GO IMMEDIATELY to the hospital or emergency clinic:
- Drinks antifreeze
- Eats rat poison
- Non-stop diarrhea
- Non-stop vomiting
- Hit by a car (even if just a bump)
- Head trauma
- Uncontrollable or heavy bleeding
- Fall from any significant distance for animal’s size
- Eating sharp objects (pins, needles, sharp bones, etc.)
- Cluster seizure
Reasons to call right away:
- Seizure (not cluster)
- Eating chocolate, grapes, raisins, lilies
- Eating any medication (prescription or OTC)
- Eating foreign objects (toys, erasers, bones, rawhides, etc.)
Austin Vet Care at Metric
12419 Metric Blvd Austin, TX 78758
Sat: 8am-12pm, Sun: Closed